1) Are You Right for Buffalo?
This short video (2:27) is extremely well done. If I didn’t already live in Buffalo, it would encourage me to make the move.
2) Bat Tower Builds Animal Architecture in Buffalo
In Griffis Sculpture Park near Buffalo, New York, a twisting triangular tower serves more than a purely aesthetic purpose. […] The 12-foot-tall sculpture of stained plywood panels is conceptualized as a protective home for bats. […] The Bat Tower is an effort to raise awareness for the recent disease-caused decline of these flying mammals, usually considered pests.
3) Buffalo-Niagara YMCA Turkey Trot 2013
Jaclyn had a great recap of her experience running last week’s Turkey Trot.
4) Former HSBC Tower is a Great Opportunity for Development
From the Buffalo News: “[Buffalo is] not alone. Other cities have successfully renovated big, boxy, egg-carton-on-end buildings. But it takes money, vision and, mostly, imagination.”
5) Young Money: Meet BN360’s Liz Callahan
Liz is a super-cool lady who I admire and like very much. Check out her interview on Buffalo.com!
6) Connections: Shuffling Off to Buffalo
This lady and her husband are on a mission to see every house Frank Lloyd Wright ever designed — obviously Buffalo made the list.
7) Adaptive Reuse Project Complete on Kenmore Avenue; Apartments Now Leasing
Another church has found new life as a residential building. (Paul and I looked at a converted church earlier this year when we were searching for an apartment — if the kitchen in the unit we looked at was larger, we may be living there now.)
8) Where’s The Best Airport In The World To Be Stranded?
Spoiler: If you want chicken wings, you want to be at the Buffalo airport.
9) Cobblestone Fills In and Prepares for Future
Comprehensive report about the developments in downtown’s Cobblestone district.
(This is another photo from my Thanksgiving visit to Richmond last week — my brothers and my nephew.)