So! Lest you think I made the announcement about moving to Buffalo and then changed my mind…fear not. We did it! Paul and I moved the last weekend in July and we’ve been settling in ever since.
Things have been pretty busy around here with me doing actual work during the day (I’m working remotely for my employer in DC for a few months), unpacking, making a list of what we need to buy to get our place looking the way we want, and — oh yes. Meeting new people, attending social events, and even volunteering.
Here are some of the things we’ve done in our first 10 days in Buffalo:
- Took a tour of the Larkin District with WNY APA (more on that later)
- Checked out the Italian Heritage Festival with Paul’s parents
- Flew back to DC for two days to attend a friend’s wedding and then drove our second car back to Buffalo on the return
- Returned to Buffalo in time to check out ChalkFest (more on this later as well)
- Visited Wegmans for the first time. And now I’ve been there twice! Believe me, Buffalonians are serious about their Wegmans. I liked the decor on the wall over the bakery items:
- Attended my first in-person Lovin’ on Buffalo Book Club meeting (more on this later). I’ve been participating virtually since early 2013 so it was awesome to finally meet everyone in person.
- Volunteered at the Erie County Fair by collecting canned goods for the Food Bank of WNY. Paul and I even made the 10pm news that night, in all of our can-collecting glory! These boxes were all completely empty when we started our shift: